Kelly Rachel Ongkowidjojo is a multidisciplinary designer. Highly skilled in consistently implementing brand and graphic standards. Experience with designing projects from concept to creation, and incorporate new ideas. Independent thinker, also a great team player that enjoys collaborating with other designers. Highly efficient, with good organizational skills. Has experience doing production work, as well as leading projects. Always ready to learn and coming to work with a positive attitude. Proactive, motivated, and diligent, with innovative ideas and the ability to be versatile in new working environments.
Graduating with a double major in graphic design and advertising, she utilizes knowledge of both the creative and business side with development of ideas, attention to detail and creating work with consumer experience end in mind.
Her interests include branding, illustration, digital design, GIFs, pattern, art direction, typography, clean modern design, lifestyle, art, museums, culture, street style, fashion, beauty, technology, New York, Paris, colors, textures, editorial design, travel.
She is currently freelancing, working on various big and small projects; looking for opportunities to join a design team/company to collaborate and create even more amazing work.
Please do not hesitate to contact if you have a project in mind, want to collaborate or to simply say hello!
Experience & Achievements
August 2016 – Present
Art Direction & Design Assistant
february 2016 – May 2016
Graphic Design Center
Publicity Coordinator and Designer
September 2014 – June 2016
Precious Bugarin Design
Graphic Design Intern
April 2014 – September 2014
Graphic Design Intern
January 2014 – June 2014
Collegiate Effie Semi-finalist
Team Graphic Designer
January 2014 – May 2014
- Executes the creative vision for category and cross-category brand initiatives through Brand Design in a way that supports premium Nike Brand consumer experiences, the Nike Brand Ethos and Maxims.
- Focusing on the consumer facing Brand experience of product, communication, digital, retail and collateral materials.
- Designs aspects of the look and feel of Brand experiences at end-in-mind consumer touch points in partnership with Brand Marketing, Categories, and Global Design.
- Working closely with Art Director and Senior Editor—location scouting, coordinating models, photographers
- Creating moodboards, assisting with creating visual stories for upcoming publication issue, while making sure that everything is executed within brand aesthetic and tone.
- Working individually and in teams researching, concepting and presenting creative solutions for multiple clients—internally to PSU and external clients.
- Actively promoting GDC to the college community.
- Effectively responding to emails and managing an online presence in the design community.
- Updating Pinterest boards with new design inspirations.
- Working in teams researching, concepting and presenting creative strategies for multiple clients; Vikings Athletics and a local start-up, TeeBlankets.
- Produced posters to promote Vikings basketball games.
- Personally engaging with hundreds of students to promote Vikings basketball games, increasing key-game student attendance by 91%
- Concepting campaigns and website ideas for TeeBlankets.
- Created a website mockup utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator, taking into consideration brand image and user experience.
- Working in teams of four researching and gathering insights to create an effective and creative campaign for MINI Cooper competition, targeting millennials.
- Produced posters and mockups of advertisements for that specific campaign concept.
- Presented our concept and strategy in a 4-minute video accurately explaining the research and how it lead to the big idea.
- Developed a campaign plans book that explains the concept and strategy in detail, along with examples of campaign deliverables.
- Showcasing projects along with other students, communicating with visitors and other Graphic Designers regarding details of projects.
- Exchanging constructive criticisms on how to better each project.
- Actively engaging and participating in the design community, making new connections.